Burley Tobacco Company Appraisal Certificates,1910-1916 (bulk 1910)
- Burley Tobacco Company Appraisal Certificates,1910-1916 (bulk 1910)
- Burley Tobacco Company
- .1 c.f.
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection contains tobacco appraisal certificates issued by the Burley Tobacco Company from 1910 to 1916. All the certificates have an image of the Kentucky state seal at the top. These documents were apparently intended, however, for use in Dearborn County, Indiana, as that location is printed at the top of the certificates. The Indiana county name is scratched through on each form and replaced with a handwritten Kentucky county location. All of these documents were issued in Boone, Owen, Grant, or Carroll counties.
- The documents were issued to G. W. Simpson, C. W. Lillard and C. Armstrong; G. W. Smoot; Charlie Poe; Floyd Smoot; George Souder; Smith, Green, and Booth; and J. M. Lawrence. An image of tobacco is printed in the center of these certificates.
- County: Boone; Owen; Grant; Carroll.