A.T. Bradley Letters, 1878-1879
- A.T. Bradley Letters, 1878-1879
- Bradley, A.T.
- 3 items, .5 c.f.
- Bradley, A. T. -Correspondence
- Bradley, B. W. -Correspondence
- Farmers -- Kentucky -- Simpson County -- 19th century
- Elections -- Kentucky -- Simpson County -- 19th century
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists of three letters written by A.T. Bradley of Franklin, Kentucky, to his brother, B.W. Bradley of Sherman, Texas. The letters, dated April, 1878, and January, 1879, concern farming, teaching, news of family and friends, county elections, and religion. The author seems to have been a literate but poor farmer who taught school part-time in Simpson County. He mentions in his 1879 letter the election for delegates to the Kentucky gubernatorial convention calling the demonstrations at the courthouse "boisterous."
- Arrangement: Chronological