Albert and Daniel Terhune Letter,1808
- Albert and Daniel Terhune Letter,1808
- Terhune, Albert
- 1 item
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Albert Terhune of Fleming County wrote this letter March 1, 1808, to his son Daniel urging Daniel and other members of the Terhune family to move to Kentucky.
- Daniel Terhune resided in Trenton, New Jersey. He had asked his father for advice about coming to Kentucky. Some of his brothers had moved to the commonwealth with Albert. Albert's letter indicated Daniel had no property in New Jersey and that land in New Jersey was hard to acquire and of little yield. Albert his son's family would fare better in Kentucky.
- Albert said land was available and cheap at present. He offered to furnish a house and provide necessities for Daniel's family if they made the move. He also listed the going prices for wheat, rye, and corn.
- County: Fleming