William Munson Letters, 1861
- William Munson Letters, 1861
- Munson, William
- 7 items
- United States.-- Army.-- Illinois Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865)
- Envelopes (Stationery)
- Letterheads-- United States.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Paducah (Ky.)-- History.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union soldier. Letters from the Union camp at Paducah (Ky.) describe setting up camp, drill exercises, mounting guns, going on an unsuccessful ambush, burning down a sawmill and a house, stealing horses, and taking prisoners. Letter head and envelopes have pro-Union illustrations and slogans on them