William Harrison Randall Letters, 1864
- William Harrison Randall Letters, 1864
- Randall, William Harrison, 1812-1881
- 5 items
- Shackleford, J.M.
- United States.-- Army-- Supplies and stores.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Economic aspects.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Equipment and supplies.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- William Harrison Randall was a representative to Congress from Kentucky between 1864-1867. Official copies of letters written to Randall while serving as a congressman from Kentucky. The letters request that the Union Army Quartermaster treat the loyal citizens of Kentucky south of the Kentucky River in a more fair manner. This includes paying the same price for feed grain south of the river as the government pays north of the river. Finding aids are available in repository