Irvin vs. Callaway papers, 1780-1827
- Irvin vs. Callaway papers, 1780-1827
- Irvin, Christopher
- 36 pieces.
- Callaway, Elizabeth, defendant.
- Callaway, Richard.
- Callaway, William, defendant.
- Clay, Green, 1757-1828, plaintiff.
- Irvin, Christopher, plaintiff.
- Land tenure--Kentucky--Cases.
- Probate records--Kentucky.
- Estates (Law)--Kentucky.
- Claims against decedents' estates--Kentucky.
- Land grants
- Chronological arrangement.
- University of Kentucky
- Scope and Content
- This collection includes miscellaneous legal documents, including several relating to a lawsuit filed by Christopher Irvin in the 1780's over disputed lands which were considered to be part of the estate of Richard Callaway. The defendants in the suit were Elizabeth Callaway and her guardian, William Callaway. Other cases are also represented in these papers, including two suits filed by Green Clay, the wealthy Kentucky landowner, for money owed him. The collection contains some land grants and Ohio court papers as well.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.