Albert Sidney Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1831-1859
- Albert Sidney Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1831-1859
- Johnston, Albert Sidney, 1803-1862
- 6 items
- Clark, William Preston, 1811-1840.
- Jefferson Barracks-- History-- Sources.
- Johnston, William Preston.
- Jones, Roger, 1789-1852.
- Preston, William, 1816-1887.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Soldier in the U.S. Army, for the Republic of Texas, and the Confederate Army. Papers include Johnston's 21 Oct. 1831 letter to Colonel Roger Jones noting that all the blank monthly returns to the Jefferson Barracks were expended; three letters to him from William Chambers, Jan., 1835, William Preston Clark, 6 May 1835, and William Preston, 12 Dec. 1835; a Mexican receipt book containing receipts obtained by Johnston during his service in the Mexican War; and a 27 Aug. 1859 letter to Wm. P. Johnston noting that he has sent his pay accounts for Aug. 1859 totaling $415.60 and instructing his son what to do with them