William Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1780-1810
- William Johnston Miscellaneous Papers,1780-1810
- Johnston, William
- 14 items
- Frontier and pioneer life-- Kentucky-- Sources.
- Indian captivities-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Pioneer, clerk of Jefferson County (Ky.) Court. Papers include Johnston's letters, 1780 -1785, to his father describing his capture by Indians; teaching school; attending Indian councils as a clerk; land; and notes his intention to marry. Other papers include land entries, surveys, and legal documents