William D. Funkhouser Archaeological Survey of Kentucky manuscript
- William D. Funkhouser Archaeological Survey of Kentucky manuscript
- Funkhouser, W. D., (William Delbert), 1881-1948
- 0.23 Cubic feet
- Surveying--United States
- Preferred Citation
- 46M57: [identification of item], William D. Funkhouser Archaeological Survey of Kentucky manuscript, undated, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- William Delbert Funkhouser began teaching at the University of Kentucky in 1918 as Professor of and Head of the Department of Zoology. He later became a professor of anthropology (a department he cofounded with William S. Webb), Dean of the Graduate School, a member of the Athletic Committee and a representative of the university on the Southern Athletic Association, and the author of many articles and books in the various fields in which he was interested.
- Departmental History. Anthropology History. University of Kentucky College of Arts and Sciences. Web. Accessed 12 January 2012.
- Scope and Content
- The William D. Funkhouser Archaeological Survey of Kentucky manuscript is a galley copy of the book produced by the Anthropology and Archaeology Department of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky. The second volume in a series, the book surveys 1,255 different prehistoric sites in Kentucky.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.