Robert P. (Robert Percival) Porter Letter, 1898 May 28
- Robert P. (Robert Percival) Porter Letter, 1898 May 28
- Porter, Robert P. (Robert Percival), 1852-1917
- 1 item (2 p.)
- Speed, James B. (James Breckinridge), 1844-1912.
- Street-railroads-- United States-- History-- 19th century.
- Street-railroads-- United States-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Writer. Letter discussing Porter's planned book on street railways. The book examines the question of municipal ownership and operation of public undertakings. The book will be designed for wide distribution and educational purposes. Porter encourages Speed, who is credited with making it possible to print the book, to distribute the book throughout the Louisville area