Cleves Kinkead Papers,1903-1939
- Cleves Kinkead Papers,1903-1939
- Kinkead, Cleves, 1882-1955
- 2 cubic ft.
- Brown, John Mason, 1900-1985.
- Baker, George Pierce, 1866-1935.
- Dramatists, American-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Archives.
- Harvard University-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, journalist, and playwright of Louisville, Ky. Papers consist of letters, 1913-1939, to his parents while at Harvard and during his military service, and from various persons, including George P. Baker and John Mason Brown regarding his literary pursuits; records of his military service in World War I; articles he wrote for the Louisville Evening Post, 1903-1904; notes commenting on the contents of the Courier-Journal, slavery, and other subjects; several of Kinkead's plays, including Common Clay; and posters and photographs of scenes from the stage play and movie version of Common Clay. Card index in repository