Alben William Barkley Papers,1916-1952
- Alben William Barkley Papers,1916-1952
- Barkley, Alben William, 1877-1956
- 8 items
- Campaign speeches-- United States-- History-- Sources.
- Presidents-- Term of office-- United States.
- Presidents-- United States-- Election-- 1936.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- U.S. Senator from Kentucky and Vice President of the United States under Harry Truman. Barkley's correspondence, 1916-1962, discusses routine political matters; liberalization of loans; and the constitutional amendment limiting the presidency to two terms. Papers also include handwritten and typewritten copies of Barkley's June 1936 speech to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia nominating Franklin D. Roosevelt to run for his second term as president