Beck Family Letters,1918-1919
- Beck Family Letters,1918-1919
- Beck Family
- 20 items
- United States. -- Army -- Communication systems.
- United States. -- Army -- Military life
- Camp Franklin (Md.)
- Fort Meade (Md.)
- Fort Thomas (Ky.)
- Influenza -- Ky.
- Influenza -- Pa.
- Medicine, Military -- Ky.
- World War, 1914-1919.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Isaac and Harper Beck served in the Field Signal Corps during the latter stages of World War I. Series of letters between Isaac and Harper Beck serving in the field signal corps during the last days of World War I to their mother in Philadelphia; correspondence includes descriptions of the effects and casualties caused by the Spanish flu outbreak and the brothers' service on hospital duty at Fort Thomas in Newport, Ky.