Edward Henry Hobson Letter, 12 March 1891
- Edward Henry Hobson Letter, 12 March 1891
- Hobson, Edward Henry, 1825-1901
- 1 item
- Boyle, John.
- Boyle, Jeremiah Tilford, 1818-1871.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- A native of Greensburg (Ky.), was a merchant and later president of the branch of the Bank of Kentucky. He served as an officer in the 13th Kentucky Volunteers in the Union Army during the Civil War. Edward H. Hobson, President of the Soldiers Home in Kentucky, writes to John Boyle, a member of the finance committee of the institution. He transmits a copy of his letter (not present) to the President on Boyle's behalf. He hopes the letter will help obtain his appointment as a U.S. Judge. Hobson also sends a copy of a letter (not present) written by Boyle's father, Jeremiah T. Boyle, to President Abraham Lincoln, urging his promotion. He hopes that Boyle's father's estimates of his good qualities have been sustained. Card file in repository