W. A. Williams Papers, 1907-1935
- W. A. Williams Papers, 1907-1935
- Williams, W. A.
- 44 items
- Kentucky--Politics and government--1865-1950
- Campaign paraphernalia--Kentucky
- Democratic party, KY
- Beckham, J. C. W. (John Crepps Wickliffe), 1869-1940
- Chandler, Albert B. "Happy," b. 1898
- McCreary, James B. (James Bennet), 1838-1918
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists of 44 items in three folders. The collection is an assortment of letters, flyers, and political addresses concerning Democratic candidates upcoming elections. The papers dates range from 1907 to 1935. The letters solicit support for candidates, money, and the names of prominent Democrats in the Summerville, Green County, Kentucky, area. Most of the letters were written to W. A. Williams, a prominent Democrat in Green County. Letters were written by politicians such as J. C. W. Beckham, James B. McCreary, and A. B. Chandler. Mrs. W. A. Williams received letters concerning her selection as a Democratic Campaign Precinct Committeewoman. The collection also includes campaign memorabilia.
- Provenance: Barbara D. Simmons; Greensburg, KY; purchase; 1982.