Chambers Family Papers, 1838-1861
- Chambers Family Papers, 1838-1861
- Chambers Family
- 1 folder, .1 c.f.
- Chambers, Franklin, d. 1848.
- Chambers family
- United States-- Army-- Kentucky Voluntary Infantry Regiment, 2nd--Company B
- Mexican War, 1846-1848
- Mexico--Description and travel
- Frankfort (Ky.)
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- This collection contains papers of Captain Franklin Chambers, a company commander during the Mexican-American War, and his family who lived in Frankfort and Franklin County, Kentucky. Chambers commanded Company B, of the 2nd Regiment, Kentucky Voluntary Infantry or Riflemen. He died in Frankfort in 1848 after returning from the war.
- Scope and Content
- Included are letters describing war conditions, life in the army, bull fights, and other entertainment in Mexico; and letters containing local news from Frankfort. Also among the collection are some military commissions and papers, a muster roll of Chambers' company, and eight pages of genealogical data concerning the Chambers family. There are also several scrapbook pages with miscellaneous newspaper clippings and comments relating to Chambers' war service.
- Arrangement: Original order
- Variant Name: Captain Franklin Chambers
- County: Franklin