Army Medical Department Case Book,1862-1863
- Army Medical Department Case Book,1862-1863
- United States Army Medical Dept
- 1 v. (109 p.)
- Hospitals-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- 19th century.
- Hospitals-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Medical care-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army-- Medical care-- Kentucky-- Louisville.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Medical case book, 20 Nov. 1862-21 Apr. 1863, concerning Union hospitals in Louisville during the Civil War. Included is a partial name index of patients, followed by case histories. Case histories give the name and unit of the patient, occasionally additional personal information, description of the affliction, treatment administered, and the result. Some of the case histories are lengthy and give detailed medical information