Cornelia Adelaide Crittenden Poetry Album, 1831-1834
- Cornelia Adelaide Crittenden Poetry Album, 1831-1834
- Crittenden, Cornelia Adelaide, b. 1816
- 1 volume
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Cornelia Crittenden was the daughter of prominent Kentucky politician John J. Crittenden and a resident of Frankfort. She later married Reverend John C. Young, president of Centre College.
- Scope and Content
- The volume contains seven manuscript poems written to Cornelia Adelaide Crittenden between 1831 and 1835. The book was given as a birthday gift. The giver was not identified.
- The poems in the book concern love expressed for her by apparent suitors (not including Young). One such poem claims that it would be a mistake for her to make a planned trip to the South when she "here might win a real lover."
- Variant Name: Cornelia Crittenden Young
- County: Franklin