Bourbon County Agricultural Society, Board of Directors records, 1875-1887
- Bourbon County Agricultural Society, Board of Directors records, 1875-1887
- Bourbon County Agricultural Society, Board of Directors.
- 1 volume.
- Clay, Cassius Marcellus, 1846-1913.
- Agriculture--Societies, etc.--Kentucky.
- Bourbon County (Ky.)--Fairs
- Arranged chronologically by date of meetings.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- The society seems to been concerned largely with the direction and management of an animal agricultural fair, including securing appropriate facilities and entertainment, plus the selection of judges for evaluating livestock competition. Among those named as members of the society were C. M. Clay, Jr, Ben Bedford, E. G. Bedford and others.
- Scope and Content
- The records consist of the minutes of the Board of Director meetings. These records shed light on the operation and function of local agricultural societies in late 19th century Kentucky and document the agricultural history of Bourbon County, Kentucky.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.