Account of the raids made in Kentucky by General Morgan and Captain Hines: typescript ca. 1864
- Account of the raids made in Kentucky by General Morgan and Captain Hines: typescript ca. 1864
- Blanton, James.
- Morgan, John Hunt, 1825-1864.
- Breckinridge, John C. (John Cabell), 1821-1875.
- Hines, Thomas Henry.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Soldiers. Captain Thomas H. Hines served as an officer under John Hunt Morgan's command in Company E of Breckinridge's regiment.
- Scope and Content
- These papers consist of a typed manuscript of an account of raids into Kentucky made by General John Hunt Morgan and Captain Thomas H. Hines. Included are details of actions in which a number of well-known Civil War personalities took part, including General Albert Sidney Johnson, General A. E. Burnside, General John Breckinridge, and General Braxton Bragg.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.