Account of the raids made in Kentucky by General Morgan and Captain Hines: typescript ca. 1864
- Account of the raids made in Kentucky by General Morgan and Captain Hines: typescript ca. 1864
- Blanton, James.
- Morgan, John Hunt, 1825-1864.
- Breckinridge, John C. (John Cabell), 1821-1875.
- Hines, Thomas Henry.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Soldiers. Captain Thomas H. Hines served as an officer under John Hunt Morgan's command in Company E of Breckinridge's regiment.
- Scope and Content
- These papers consist of a typed manuscript of an account of raids into Kentucky made by General John Hunt Morgan and Captain Thomas H. Hines. Included are details of actions in which a number of well-known Civil War personalities took part, including General Albert Sidney Johnson, General A. E. Burnside, General John Breckinridge, and General Braxton Bragg.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.