Kentucky Confederate Provisional Government Journal,1861-1862
- Kentucky Confederate Provisional Government Journal,1861-1862
- Kentucky Confederate Provisional Government
- 1 v. (124 p.)
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company-- History-- Sources.
- Slavery-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- A day by day account of the proceedings of the secession convention of Kentucky, held at Russellville, 18-20 Nov. 1861, and the subsequent meetings of the council of the Confederate provisional government, seated at Bowling Green, 21 Nov. 1861 - 1 Jan. 1862. Council proceedings include organization, application and representation to the Confederate States of America, collection of taxes, raising of regiments, accomplishing loans or devising other means of removing Confederate funds from specified banks, dealings with the Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company in Confederate territory, and other details. The journal ends abruptly on 1 Jan. 1862