William J. Hutchins Sermons and Speeches,ca. 1895-1951
- William J. Hutchins Sermons and Speeches,ca. 1895-1951
- Hutchins, William J.
- 36.4 lin. ft.
- Clergy, Presbyterian -- Sermons
- Brooklyn, New York -- Churches, Presbyterian
- Churches, Presbyterian -- Bedford Presbyterian Church
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist of William J. Hutchins's sermons and related indexes, speeches, lectures, and notes.
- Sermons (ca. 25 l.f.) consist of typewritten drafts with pencilled corrections. Sermons are numbered and stored individually in envelopes with information as to scriptural references, topic, date of delivery, and general comments. In addition, journal indexes kept by Hutchins detail similar information. The sermons were delivered from 1895 to 1951 at Bedford Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn, New York; in Berea, Kentucky; and at numerous other churches.
- Other materials include notes, clippings, and articles used for sermons or speeches (2.4 l.f.); speeches on a variety of subjects; and lectures from Oberlin on homiletics.
- Folder list; unpublished guide.