American Party Broadsides,1847-1855
- American Party Broadsides,1847-1855
- American Party
- 3 items
- Trabue, Stephen Fitz James, 1819-1898.
- Broadsides-- Kentucky.
- Campaign paraphernalia-- Kentucky.
- Political parties-- Platforms.
- Politics-- Kentucky.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- The American Party rose to popularity in the mid 1800s due to their anti-immigrant and anti-Catholic political platform. Political paraphernalia from the Know -Nothing Party including its platform and beliefs, a manifesto, and a warning to the voters of the Fayette Congressional District to unite immediately against the immigrants and CAtholics in their region. Finding aids available in repository