John Laurens Williams Letters,1862-1863
- John Laurens Williams Letters,1862-1863
- Williams, John Laurens, b. 1832
- 6 items
- Chattanooga (Tenn.), Battle of, 1863-- Sources.
- Chickamauga (Ga.), Battle of, 1863-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army.-- Kentucky Infantry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865)-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union officer. Includes John Laurens Williams Letters, 1862-1863, to his wife Mary describing great losses at the battle of Chickamauga; Confederate fortifications on Lookout Mountain; Union forces on Mocassin Point; the Chattanooga-Ringgold campaign; and activities of the Fourth Kentucky Volunteer Infantry