A. L. Moore Letter,1862
- A. L. Moore Letter,1862
- Moore, A.L.
- 1 item
- Civil War
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This is a letter written November 30, 1862 by A.L. Moore from Camp Finnie in Clark County, Kentucky, to his brother, William H. Moore.
- Moore (whose first name may have been Andrew or Andy) expressed his surprise to be in good health after having served in the army for thirteen months. He identified himself as a fifer with his unit band. He said he and his comrades had plenty to eat and to wear, but that he would accept half the food and clothing to be home in peace.
- Moore said he had been away from his wife for eight months and referred more than once to his expectation that the war would be ended shortly. The letter also included vituperative comments concerning "africans" in the area.
- Creator's Occupation: Soldier; Musician
- County: Clark