John S. Mason to George Lester
- John S. Mason to George Lester
- 1863 July 22
- Mason, John Sanford, 1824-1897
- 0.01 Cubic feet
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Correspondence.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2012MS055: [identification of item], John S. Mason to George Lester, 1863 July 22, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- John S. Mason (1824-1897) served as a Union brigadier general in the Civil War.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a letter from Brigadier General John S. Mason to George Lester telling Lester to be on alert for John Hunt Morgan's men.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.