Hindman Settlement School Narrative Reports and Publications,1899-1979
- Hindman Settlement School Narrative Reports and Publications,1899-1979
- Hindman Settlement School
- 1 microfilm reel; 1 partial microfilm reel
- Social settlements -- Camp Industrial Social Settlement
- Social settlements -- Camp Cedar Grove Social Settlement
- Mountain Echo (periodical)
- Settlement workers -- Personal narratives
- Women -- Settlement workers
- Knott County, Kentucky -- Schools, settlement
- Schools, settlement -- Hindman Settlement School
- Perry County, Kentucky -- Social settlements
- Knott County, Kentucky -- Social settlements
- Sassafras, Kentucky -- Sassafras Social Settlement
- Hindman, Kentucky -- Camp Industrial Social Settlement
- Hazard, Kentucky -- Camp Cedar Grove Social Settlement
- Social settlements -- Sassafras Social Settlement
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- These were produced by staff and students of Hindman Settlement School.
- Narrative reports (1900, 1901), generated by Katherine Pettit and May Stone, chronicle settlement work activities at Camp Cedar Grove, Camp Industrial, and Sassafras Social Settlement. Also included are "Diary of Experiences in the Kentucky Mountains, Summers of 1899 - 1901," "Traveling Library in the Mountains of Kentucky" (1899), and "Notebook of Historical and Promotional Writings" (ca. 1949) which includes reports on the School.
- Publications include pamphlets, brochures, and student newspapers (ca. 1930s - 1940s). Copies of the MOUNTAIN ECHO that provided a forum for school announcements, reports, and creative writing are also present.