Leslie Clark films
- Leslie Clark films
- Clark, Leslie
- 0.2 Cubic Feet
- College students -- Kentucky.
- Preferred Citation
- 2015av014 : [identification of item], Leslie Clark films, 1946-1949, University of Kentucky Special Collections Research Center.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Leslie Clark attended the University of Kentucky from 1946-1949. He was a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity.
- Scope and Content
- The Leslie Clark films (dated 1946-1949; 0.2 cubic feet; 3 reels, 1 digital file) consists of three rolls of 8mm color and black and white silent moving image film, documenting life on the University of Kentucky campus and in the city of Lexington, Kentucky. Notable subjects include the 1949 National Collegiate Athletics Association champion University of Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team, Sigma Nu fraternity events, Calumet Farm, University of Kentucky varsity football and baseball teams, and Joyland amusement park swimming pool. The collection also includes the digital file of a black and white film of the Guignol Theater fire. The original reel was not donated. The entirety of the collection was digitized and is available as digital files.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The intellectual rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections Research Center.
Contents of the Collection
Exhibition football game, University of Kentucky, two scenes, 1948
- Box 1, reel 1.1
Members of Epsilon Nu leaving fraternity building with signs promoting barbeque held on 1948 October 23; members proceed to football stands; warm-up and early portion of football game, 1948
- Box 1, reel 1.2
Exhibition football game, University of Kentucky, 1948
- Box 1, reel 1.3
Audience in football stands; portion of football game; marching band on field at halftime, 1948
- Box 1, reel 1.4
Pick-up football game; bowling; pick-up football game, 1948
- Box 1, reel 1.5
Leslie Clark with friends, cats, rose garden, Alta Dena, California, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.1
Joyland swimming pool, swimmers, sunbathing; WLEX radio interview, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.2
Clark family in Escondido, California; fireworks display; swimming and diving at Harrington Lake, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.3
Clark family at Brooksville in Bracken County, Kentucky, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.4
Parade in Lexington, Kentucky in honor of 1948-1949 University of Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball team 1949 National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament win; team members and staff shown: players Roger Day, Ralph Beard, Al Bruno. Jim Lime, Garland Towns, Dale Barnstable and Walter Hirsch, Coach Adolph Rupp, and manager Humzey Yessin, 1949
- Box 2, reel 2.5
Speeches in front of the Administration building on campus in honor of 1948-1949 University of Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball team 1949 National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament win; speakers include University President Herman Lee Donovan, Coach Adolph Rupp, Univerisity Athletic Director Bernie Shivley, and players Al Groza and Ken Rollins., 1949
- Box 2, reel 2.6
Pinball being played at a Millersburg, Kentucky drug store; ping-pong (table tennis) playing and party at Sigma Nu fraternity house, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.7
Visit to Calumet Farm, Whirlaway (horse) in stable; Halloween party at Sigma Nu fraternity house, undated
- Box 2, reel 2.8
Barbecue at Sigma Nu fraternity house, undated
- Box 3, reel 3.1
Football game at McLean Stadium, University of Kentucky campus, Lexington, Kentucky, undated
- Box 3, reel 3.2
Guignol Theatre fire, University of Kentucky campus, Lexington, Kentucky, 1947 January 10
- Directory 2015av014_4, item 4
Table of Contents
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.