David G. Peck Letters,1862-1865
- David G. Peck Letters,1862-1865
- Peck, David G., b. ca. 1836
- Buell, Don Carlos, 1818-1898.
- United States.-- Army-- History.
- United States.-- Army-- Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- United States.-- Army.-- Ohio Infantry Regiment, 101st (1862-1865)
- Afro-American-- Social conditions.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Letters sent to his wife while serving with the 101st Ohio Volunteer Infantry in Kentucky and Tennessee. Includes photocopies of military papers showing that he deserted from a hospital in January 1863. Peck was at the Battle of Perryville (Ky.) and questions Don Carlos Buell's loyalty in the days after the battle. Union soldier with the 101st Ohio Volunteer Infantry. Card file in repository