Bank of Kentucky records, 1812-1836
- Bank of Kentucky records, 1812-1836
- Bank of Kentucky.
- .15 cubic ft. (116 pieces), Two broadsides 51M61 48 x 60 cm, Broadside 53M57 25 1/2 x 40 cm.
- Banks and banking--Kentucky.
- Lexington (Ky.)--Economic conditions.
- Danville (Ky.)--Economic conditions.
- Winchester (Ky.)--Economic conditions.
- Richmond (Ky.)--Economic conditions.
- Frankfort (Ky.)--Economic conditions
- Arranged chronologically.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Bank. The Bank of Kentucky was chartered in December 1806 and capitalized at $1,000,000 one half of which was to be held by the state. The Bank's twelve man Board of Directors included six men appointed by the state government.
- Scope and Content
- These materials consist of letters, receipts, notes and documents generated by the Bank and/or directed to the Bank and its officials.-- Included are records from Bank branches in Lexington, Danville, Winchester, Richmond, and Frankfort. Also present are broadside announcements concerning the Bank's financial condition (51M61, 1834 and 53M57, 1832).
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.