George D. Prentice Miscellaneous Papers,1849-1868
- George D. Prentice Miscellaneous Papers,1849-1868
- Prentice, George D. (George Denison), 1802-1870
- 31 items
- Botta, Anne C. Lynch (Anne Charlotte Lynch), 1815-1891.
- Clay, Henry, 1777-1852.
- Cosby, Fortunatus, 1801-1871.
- Foster, John Watson, 1836-1917.
- Greenwood, Grace, 1823-1904.
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875.
- Prentice, Clarence, d. 1873.
- American poetry-- Kentucky.
- Poets, American-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Mammoth Cave (Ky.)-- History-- 19th century.
- Mammoth cave (Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Louisville newspaper editor and publisher. Collected correspondence of Prentice outlining his career as editor of the Louisville Journal. The letters discuss politics, the newspaper business, speaking engagements, and personal matters. Also included are poems written by Prentice, including a 24 Apr. 1852 poem entitled "Lines for an Album," and ten poems, 1866 -1868, to Mrs. Alice McClure Griffin