Artificial Collection, 1863-1956
- Artificial Collection, 1863-1956
- 6 items
- Preston, Orpha Jane, d. 1881 -- Death
- Robinson, Dorothy J. -- Correspondence
- Voting registers -- Kentucky -- Jefferson County
- Davis, R. A., fl. 1863
- Mand, A. L., fl. 1863
- Ray, Birdett K.
- Robinson, Dorothy J.
- Wood, W. H.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This is an artificial collection of six items: a list of military stores transferred from Lt. Col. A.L. Mand to Lt. Col. R.A. Davis at Camp Nelson, Kentucky, July 29, 1863; a funeral notice for Orpha Jane Preston, Jan. 7, 1881 in Lexington, Kentucky; two memoranda books, one dated Feb. 1882 and owned by Birdett K. Ray of Frankfort, Kentucky and the other dated Dec. 27, 1902 listing members of the Hiram Lodge of Frankfort and some expenditures; a 1936 poll book of Jefferson County, East Middletown Precinct, First Magisterial District, compiled by W.H. Wood; and a letter dated July 28, 1956 from Dorothy Jab Robinson of Penbryn, England to Mrs. Booe and including a color print of a young woman's portrait. The first memoranda book lists expenditures, a note about starting work at the State Penitentiary, a whipping list, and some recipes. The second memoranda book lists Paul Sawyier as one of the Lodge members.
- Arrangement: Chronological