William Clark Diary,1804-1807
- William Clark Diary,1804-1807
- Clark, William, 1776-1813
- 1 v.
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820.
- Kentucky-- Social life and customs.
- Overland journeys to the Pacific-- Sources.
- Siouan Indians-- Missouri-- Social life and customs-- Sources.
- United States-- Exploring expeditions-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer and soldier of Winchester, Kentucky. Diary and expense account kept by Clark during his 1804-1805 trip to St. Charles, Missouri to take the deposition of Daniel Morgan Boone re: a lawsuit in Kentucky. Describes his trip, accommodations, Sioux Indians, the return of Lewis and Clark's keelboat from Ft. Mandan, and activities in St. Louis. He also describes an 1807 trip to Nashville, Tennessee. Published in: Register of the Kentucky Historical Society, v. 25 (May 1927), 193 -206