Jacob Walter Papers,1866-1908
- Jacob Walter Papers,1866-1908
- Walter, Jacob, 1831-1879
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Gross, Samuel D. (Samuel David), 1805-1884.
- Louisville Planing Mill (Louisville, Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- Sawmills-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- Walter, Margaret Mann, 1845-1925.
- Walter and Struck (Louisville, Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Carpenter and builder of Louisville, Ky., who operated the Louisville Planing Mill in partnership with Adolph N. Struck, 1866 -1875, and established Jacob Walter's Planing Mill in 1876. Papers consist of deeds and contracts for land in Louisville, Ky., 1866-1875; legal papers in the case of Doctor Samuel D. Gross v. Jacob Walter, 1876-1879; statements of account, receipts, notes, etc., 1867-1878; accounts of Walter and Struck, 1868-1876; statements of account against Jacob Walter's Planing Mill, 1876-1878; canceled checks, 1875-1877; receipts for premiums on a policy of the Germania Life Insurance Co., 1867 -1878; accounts against Jacob Walter's estate, 1879-1881; and papers of Mrs. Margaret Walter, 1863-1908. Card index in repository