Bayless Hardin Notebooksn.d.
- Bayless Hardin Notebooksn.d.
- Hardin, Bayless, 1912-1956
- 6 volumes; 1 c.f.
- Frankfort, KY -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Frankfort, KY -History
- Frankfort, KY -Description and travel
- Franklin County KY -- History
- Franklin County KY -- Description and travel
- Frankfort books
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Bayless Hardin Notebooks include Hardin's walking tour streetscapes and information on the City of Frankfort. These volumes are artifical compilations of excerpts from Frankfort newspapers and miscellaneous documents spanning 150 years. They also include observations and memories of Hardin and others.
- There are photocopies of these notebooks in the Library General Stacks under the call number: 976.902 / F831ha
- There is an obituary of Bayless Hardin is in THE REGISTER OF THE KENTUCKY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 54, no. 188 (July 1956): 197-202. These volumes are mentioned under "Unpublished Works" in the selective bibliography.
- Variant Name: Frankfort books or "The Rambler"
- Creator's Occupation: Secretary-Treasurer, KHS; editor of the Register
- Organization: Original order; Artificial compilation of newpaper excerpts and personal memories