Kendrick-Trawick Family Collection, ca. 1860 - ca. 1949
- Kendrick-Trawick Family Collection, ca. 1860 - ca. 1949
- Kendrick-Trawick Family
- 160 items
- Kendrick family-- Pictorial works.
- Trawick family-- Pictorial works.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection contains photographs and snapshots of Kendrick, Trawick, Rivers, and Keller family members. William Kendrick (1810-1880) was the founder of a jewelry and silverware business in Louisville in 1831. The firm, later known as William Kendrick & Son Jewelers, was in business until 1966 when it merged with Gray & Merkeley Jewelers. William Kendrick married Maria Schwing in 1832. One of their sons, William Carnes Kendrick (1852-1938) married Lizzie Rivers in 1877. A daughter of William and Lizzie Kendrick, Emma Penton Kendrick, married Doctor John David Trawick. Their children were Elizabeth Kendrick Trawick (Mrs. William K. Keller), Arch K. Trawick, and Doctor John D. Trawick, Jr. Included in the collection are four albums. One from Mr. and Mrs. William C. Kendrick, an album from the family of Reverend R. H. Rivers, and two albums containing mostly Trawick family photographs. There are also tintypes, an ambrotype of Mattie Rivers Buford, and two unidentified daguerreotypes. Photographers represented include Edward Klauber, Webster & Bro., Frank Wybrant, and Stuber, all of Louisville