John Irwin John Irwin Letters,1832-1840
- John Irwin John Irwin Letters,1832-1840
- Irwin, John, 1808-1889
- 25 items
- Abolitionists-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Iron industry and trade-- Kentucky-- Nelson County-- History-- Sources.
- Louisville-- Description and travel.
- Louisville-- Economic conditions.
- Louisville-- Social life and customs.
- Slavery-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Businessman. Letters from John Irwin to his family in Pa. from Louisville and Nelson County, Ky., where he was engaged in commerce. The letters describe Louisville and give information about the city's economic and social life, discuss his venture into the iron industry in Nelson County, and comment about slavery and the abolitionist movement in Ky