Green Adams Letters,1860-1877
- Green Adams Letters,1860-1877
- Adams, Green, 1812-1884
- 2 items
- Legislators-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Arrangement: Chronological.
- Lawyer, state representative, judge of the circuit court of Kentucky, U.S. Congressman from Kentucky, and chief clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives. Contains a letter of recommendation, addressed to Secretary of the Navy Isaac Toucey, on behalf of Lewis A. Smith for a position as midshipman. The second letter contains a list of names and addresses of members of the U.S. House of Representatives