Woodson Family Miscellaneous Papers,1828-1939
- Woodson Family Miscellaneous Papers,1828-1939
- Woodson Family
- 26 items
- Bradley, William O. (William O'Connell), 1847-1914.
- Bryan, William Jennings, 1860-1925.
- Laffoon, Ruby, 1869-1941.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924.
- Woodson, Urey, 1859-1939.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky family. Papers include letters written by and to members of the Woodson Family containing family news and mentioning two companies of soldiers in Madisonville and how they rejoiced when they heard Richmond was taken; and twenty letters written by persons of national and state prominence to Urey Woodson, primarily expressing thanks and giving encouragement to him to run for the Senate. Correspondents include W. O. Bradley, William Jennings Bryan, Woodrow Wilson, Emma G. Cromwell, Ruby Laffoon, White L. Moss, W. Vernon Richardson, Coleman du Pont, Ethel G. Cantrill, T. B. Pannell, Kenneth McKellar, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, James A. Farley, and Joseph F. Guffey