Louisville Outdoor Art League collection, 1908-1956
- Louisville Outdoor Art League collection, 1908-1956
- Louisville Outdoor Art League
- 2 linear ft.
- Art and Architecture
- Collection is arranged chronologically.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Archives Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- University of Louisville
- Scope and Content
- The Louisville Outdoor Art League was organized on March 22, 1902 for the purpose of promoting 'the conservation of natural scenery; the acquirement of lands for public parks and reservations; advancement of all outdoor arts; the designing and fitting of grounds for public and private use and enjoyment; efforts toward the abolishment of all unsightly object; to cultivate artistic ideals in the home and to further the highest interests of education.' The collection consists of the League's minutes from 1928 to 1941 (4 notebooks), scrapbooks from 1908 to 1956 (7 volumes); a pamphlet published on the 50th anniversary of the League's founding; and one notebook of miscellaneous papers.