Joseph F. Scott Letters, 1860
- Joseph F. Scott Letters, 1860
- Scott, Joseph F.
- 3 items
- Bell, John, 1797-1865.
- Presidents-- United States-- Election-- 1860.
- Cynthiana (Ky.)-- Social life and customs.
- Kentucky-- Politics and government-- 1792-1865.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Scott's 8 July 1860 letter supports John Bell in the Presidential election and describes the mood of Kentucky voters as pro Bell with Breckinridge's supporters as "down in the mouth." in addition letter describes a picnic in Cynthiana (Ky.). James Wall's 8 August 1860 letter also supports Bell and includes an engraving of him. Its envelop has a Bell campaign slogan, "John Bell/Both bells have turned," printed on it. Card file in repository