Willis Green Supplemental Papers,1818-1889
- Willis Green Supplemental Papers,1818-1889
- Green, Willis
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Legislators-- Kentucky-- Archives.
- Whig Party (U.S.)-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Landowner, miller, lumber man, merchant, postmaster, and active member of the Whig Party, who served in the Kentucky House of Representatives, 1836-1837, and represented the Sixth Congressional District of Kentucky in Congress, 1839-1845. Includes correspondence, 1821-1859; accounts, receipts, and notes, 1818-1881; legal papers, 1828-1854; land papers, 1832 -1836; miscellaneous material; and a volume entitled "Docket of cases and their condition of Buckner and Wing." The correspondence discusses Green's land in Iowa and Kentucky; legal matters; lawsuits; tobacco sales in New Orleans; and the affairs of the Whig Party, 1843-1844. Correspondents include R. W. Balmain, James T. Buckner, Aron Harding, James Taylor, Jack Thomas, Charles Wilkins, and Robert L. Wintersmith