Charles Slaughter Morehead Miscellaneous Papers,1847-1859
- Charles Slaughter Morehead Miscellaneous Papers,1847-1859
- Morehead, Charles Slaughter, 1802-1868
- 4 items
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- Governors-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Kentucky-- Politics and government-- 1792-1865-- Sources.
- United States-- Politics and government-- 1845-1861-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kentucky lawyer, state legislator, U.S. congressman, and governor of Ky., 1855-1859. Papers discuss routine political matters. Of interest is a 27 Aug. 1852 letter to Millard Fillmore recommending J. Gideon as superintendent of public printing