James Lane Allen Papers,1890-1924
- James Lane Allen Papers,1890-1924
- Allen, James Lane, 1849-1925
- 25 items
- Novelists, American-- Kentucky.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Arrangement: Chronological.
- James Lane Allen was Kentucky's first important novelist. His success came early in his career but when he tried to broaden the themes of his work he lost the audience and critical acclaim which he had previously received. Miscellaneous papers of Allen contain correspondence accepting and declining speaking invitations, returning autographs,discussing his writing, Kentucky literature, his health, and personal and Family matters