William Adams Papers,1815-1834
- William Adams Papers,1815-1834
- Adams, William
- 11 items
- Afro-Americans-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Land use-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Slavery-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Tanning-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Arrangement: Chronological.
- Records of business transactions between William Adams of Rockcastle County, Kentucky and various other parties. Includes bills of sale, bonds, receipts, and land papers. Transactions involve the sale of slaves, the care of a negro child, payment of taxes, the purchase of leather goods and tanning, and the deeding and assigning of title to certain tracts of land