John Rhea Letter, 1813 Mar. 1
- John Rhea Letter, 1813 Mar. 1
- Rhea, John, 1753-1832
- 1 item
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841.
- Raisin River, Battle of, 1813-- Sources.
- Shelby, Isaac, 1750-1826-- Correspondence.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- War of 1812 veteran. Letter to Isaac Shelby. Rhea mourns the loss of the advance party of Kentuckians under General Winchester at the River Raisin. Trusts the day of vengeance will soon arrive and the enemy will pay for "all the innocent blood he has made flow. . ." Hopes General Harrison makes the British "feel" for this act and especially for persuading the Indians to rise against the U.S