- Journalism and Mass Communications
- 10 linear feet. 20 legal document cases; 13x27x39 cm. Published material. Good.
- Murray State University -- History.
- Murray State University -- Yearbook.
- Murray State University
- Biography / History
- The Murray State University yearbook, titled The Shield, first began publication in 1925. The annual was published by the yearbook staff of the senior class, under an appointed staff business manager, until the mid-1970s. The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication gradually overtook the program and continue to supervise the students that publish the yearbook. The yearbook ceased publication in 2008.
- Scope and Content
- Collection consists of Murray State University yearbooks from 1925 to 2008. Included in the collection are yearbooks from the Murray State Normal School, Murray State Teachers College and Murray State College. The yearbooks contain historical information of the college, images of faculty, staff and students, events, athletic programs, academic and Greek organizations, etc.