Doris Ulmann Papers,1930-1976
- Doris Ulmann Papers,1930-1976
- Ulmann, Doris, 1884-1934
- .8 lin. ft.
- Women -- Photographers
- Appalachia -- Photographers
- Appalachia -- Description and travel
- Berea College
- Biography / History
- Ulmann was born and lived in New York City but traveled through eastern Kentucky and other parts of Appalachia to take photographs in the 1920s and 1930s. On her death, she bequeathed photographs and money to Berea College.
- Scope and Content
- These include correspondence between Ulmann and John Jacob Niles, Ulmann's will, organizational and legal papers related to the Doris Ulmann Foundation, clippings and articles concerning Ulmann, correspondence about her photographs, and copy negatives (ca. 300 items) of her prints.
- Requests for use of the photographs must be made to the chairperson of the Berea College Art Department.
- Unpublished inventory/register.