Gwathmey Family Papers,1811-1902
- Gwathmey Family Papers,1811-1902
- Gwathmey Family
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Draper, Lyman Copeland, 1815-1891-- Correspondence.
- Gwathmey, Isaac Benjamin.
- Gwathmey, Isaac Robertson.
- Gwathmey, Mary Eliza.
- Gwathmey, Richard.
- Panama-- Description and travel.
- United States-- History-- War of 1812-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Prominent Kentucky and Jeffersonville, Indiana family. Papers include correspondence of Isaac R. Gwathmey, which includes letters discussing the War of 1812, land and legal matters, personal affairs, and a 29 Aug. 1827 letter from Amos Kendall discussing legal matters; letters to Mary E. Gwathmey including letters from Lyman C. Draper regarding his interest in George Rogers Clark and his "Indian Fighters," and from her brother Richard concerning his 1885 trip to Panama; miscellaneous correspondence, 1815-1871, including Jacob Sadowsky's 1815 deposition on the original Connelly surveys at the Falls of the Ohio; bills, receipts, and certificates; and miscellaneous printed material with an item pertaining to the career of Lyman C. Draper