Edna Earl Manar Collection, 1882-1957
- Edna Earl Manar Collection, 1882-1957
- Manar, Edna Earl, 1887-1972 (collector)
- 1 box, 8 folders, 57 items, Originals
- Western Kentucky University
- Biography / History
- Edna Earl (Moore) Manar was born on 10 April 1887 in Bowling Green, the second child of John Lewis and Martha Bell (Green) Moore. She married Fred McCormick Manar. During most their married life, the couple lived in Bowling Green at 1160 Kentucky Street. They had three sons: Hugh Moore, Fred McCormick, Jr., and John Lewis. Mrs. Manar died on November 16, 1972 and is interred at Bowling Green's Fairview Cemetery.
- Scope and Content
- This small collection contains the letters of several members of the Moore and Green families, as well as genealogical information about both families. Of particular interest is a poem and reminiscences of Bowling Green native C. Minor Moore, a brother of Edna Manar. The collection also contains several folders of research notes related to Bowling Green history that Mrs. Manar accumulated in preparation for a paper for Bowling Green's Amigo Club. The donor Maude E. Manar, was the daughter-in-law of Edna Manar, having married her son, Fred McCormick.
Contents of the Collection
1882-1957. 57 items.
- Box 1
Inventory and separation sheet. 2 items.
- Box 1, folder 1
Green, Florence E. - Letters to. 1888-1904. 3 items.
- Box 1, folder 2
Moore, J. Lewis - Correspondence. 1882-1933. 13 items.
- Box 1, folder 3
Edna (Moore) Manar - Letters to. 1933-1957. 8 items.
- Box 1, folder 4
Moore, C. Minor - Writings. 1931; n.d. 3 items.
- Box 1, folder 5
Green and Moore families - Genealogical research notes.1960. 6 items.
- Box 1, folder 6
Miscellaneous material. 1942-1945. 6 items.
- Box 1, folder 7
Bowling Green history - Research notes. 1898; n.d. 16 items.
- Box 1, folder 8